The AADR Board of Directors has announced that AADR is continuing the activities of the Friends of National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (FNIDCR) after the latter ceased operations at the end of 2015.
Recognizing the need to increase efficiency, eliminate duplication of advocacy efforts, provide a stronger voice for patient advocates and provide greater support for the NIDCR director, the FNIDCR Board of Directors voted unanimously to cease operations as of December 31, 2015, and transfer programmatic activities of FNIDCR to AADR effective January 1, 2016.
- Click here to view the Friends of NIDCR and AADR Fiscal Year 2017 Funding Request for NIH and NIDCR.
Friends of NIDCR Patient Advocacy Council
The Friends of NIDCR Patient Advocacy Council (PAC) is comprised of non-profit organizations who work together to 1) support oral health research and NIDCR and 2) transfer oral health research from bench to bedside. Below are the current members of the FNIDCR PAC:
- Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma Research Foundation
- American Behcet’s Disease Association
- American Chronic Pain Association
- American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association
- Association of Maternal & Child Health
- Children’s Craniofacial Association
- Cleft Palate Foundation
- FACES: The National Craniofacial Association
- Fibrous Dysplasia Foundation, Inc.
- Greater Tampa Bay Oral Health Coalition
- HOPE: For Burning Mouth Syndrome
- International Foundation for Autoimmune Arthritis
- Lupus and Allied Diseases Association
- Lupus Foundation of America
- Moebius Syndrome Foundation
- National Foundation for Ectodermal Dysplasias
- National Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition
- Oral Cancer Foundation
- Osteogenesis Imperfecta Foundation
- Scleroderma Foundation
- Sjögren's Syndrome Foundation
- Special Olympics
- Support for People with Oral, Head and Neck Cancer
- The Facial Paralysis and Bell’s Palsy Foundation
- The Marfan Foundation
- The TMJ Association, Ltd.
- Wide Smiles